Many of you might be curious regarding this lip balm that was featured in the June LippieBox.
I must say between this lip balm and My Magical Star’s lip balm I was super excited for this box.
It has such an utterly unique scent choice I couldn’t wait to try it out. It just sounds so good. And for sure it did live up to its name!
First off this lip balm, which costs $7, is all natural which is always a big plus. No harsh chemicals in here! The ingredient list includes:
• Olive oil which is used to protect lips from drying out and chapping.
• Beeswax once again is very good for dry and chapped lips because it keeps the moisture inside. I have also read that beeswax can help prevent certain infections such as cold sores.
• Coconut oil is very moisturising and also helps speeding the healing process of dry and chapped lips.
• Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter) is very moisturising as well and also protects the lips agains dry and cold weather.
• Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor oil) helps with sunburnt lips and is very moisturising for chapped lips.
• Rosa Centifolia Petal is the petals of the Cabbage/ Provence rose which was bred by the Dutch around the 17th to 19th century. Here’s another fact that I found very interesting. Infact this rose is mentioned as Princess Anneliese’s favourite in the movie “Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper”! Of course the petals is used for their divine scent in this lip balm.
• Alkanna Tinctoria Root also known as Dyer’s bugloss is used as a natural dye.
• Hibiscus Sabdariffa (aka Roselle from West Africa) is slso used for the lovely hibiscus scent.
• Tocopherol (a form of Vitamin E) is used for its antioxidant properties.
All these wonderful ingredients works together to form a lip balm with a consistency that’s light weight but very moisturising in my opinion. Usually I do not like lightweight formulas but this one does prove to hydrate my lips!
I love the subtle natural scent of hibiscus and maybe a tinge of berry. I admit I have never had Brairberry so I do not know what it is supposed to smell like. It’s not very strong thus perfect for those who don’t want anything overpowering.
The formula is lightweight, but still does the job of moisturising.
I love the fact that the lip balm comes in a glass tub. It gives it an professional image and can be reused after using for storing earrings for example.
There are around 0.17 oz/ 5 ml lip balm in this tub. Even though the product seems little in the tub, have no fear as only a little is needed.
I love the lip balm and recommend it. Thanks to LippieBox I had the opportunity to try out this balm!
Comment below if you would want to try this.
And remember to go check out all their (Elemental Promise) lip balms here: https://bit.ly/2ppqYUS
They all look so good and I can assure you the Hibiscus Brairberry one is delish!